Health and Well Being
Prof. Purba Joshi
This project will be exhibited at Design Degree Show 2015, 13th to 17th June.
Low Cost Vein Detector
The thought of getting injected is traumatizing to many and when you have to undergo multiple attempts of needle insertions – It’s nightmarish.
The project aims to solve this problem of having to find the correct vein to perform veni-puncture, by developing a device that would help nurses visualize the veins and perform the veni-puncture process with ease.
On certain patients it is a very difficult task to spot the vein in a single attempt, which leads to multiple needle insertion attempts made in order to find the suitable vein, these leads to lot of pain and trauma to the patients.
The USP of the device are as follows:
- Works on diverse users – obese, dark skinned and geriatrics
- Affordable product – the device is developed at a cost close to Rs.2000, enabling small hospitals and clinics purchase the device
- Considers healthcare standards
- Product usage needs minimal training
- Device is portable
- Has healthcare aesthetics.
Currently a working prototype has been developed and pilot testing is in progress.